Saturday, June 27, 2015

My exciting news

Yes, I have been away from my blog for too long! I was sick with a virus for most of April and then it was followed with a head cold for the first two weeks of May! Needless to say, once I started feeling human again, I had a lot to do! I was also glad to be feeling better as we had a very special graduation to attend in May - our youngest son graduated from the University of Arizona with a Bachelors degree in Linguistics. It was a very busy but fun weekend!

Now, for my good news - I was over-the-moon excited to find out last week that I was selected as one of the 23 finalists for a new exhibit to be held at International Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas this coming October, curated by Primitive Quilts and Projects Magazine. The quilts in the Primitive and Folk Art exhibit are meant to represent and promote the primitive and folk art style.

And, not only that, but my quilt "Annie's Scrapbook" was awarded third place in the Original Pattern Design category. Whoo hoo!


Annie's Scrapbook

I can't wait to see all of the the other quilts hanging - it's sure to be a great exhibit.

Hopefully, I will be back to blog soon about some of the projects I've been working on - and maybe a new fabric line, too!

Until next time!
Martha

2 comments:

  1. Congrats ! This is so charming. You should publish a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Actually, the pattern is already published and can be found in my book, "Annie's Scrapbag".

      Delete